Recipe for Playful Learning!
Outdoors, indoors or any room in the house - kids love scavenger hunts!
STEP 1: Depending on your location, make a list of items for the hunt.
STEP 2: Share the list with your kids and give them a time limit.
STEP 3: Upon discovery of each item, have the kids check it off their list and then have them take a picture of each found item with a camera.
STEP 4: Later on, print out the pictures and help your kids create a photo album of their “finds” labeling each picture.
- Discover a bug
- Identify 2 kinds of rocks
- Find 3 varieties of flowers
- Look up and see 4 different shaped clouds
- Spot 5 different animals or birds
- Find red food in the kitchen
- Identify a blue item in the bathroom
- Discover a square shaped thing in the living room
- Locate a fuzzy animal in the bedroom
- Look for a clock in the basement
Skills to Practice: Observation, Natural Science, Recording