- Large butcher paper
- Washable markers or crayons, or chalk
Recipe for Fun!
Big art means big movement – use your whole body to draw on butcher paper or with chalk on the sidewalk.
Tape the butcher paper down on the floor and let the kids draw big designs. Encourage them to reach and stretch as they draw.
- Increases core strength which is necessary for stability, posture and movement.
- Encourages and supports creativity. Children can express themselves, exhibit how they are interpreting their world, and reveal how they are feeling through art.
- Tape the paper along a wall or fence to draw in a standing position or while seated in a wheelchair.
- Use finger paints rather than crayons or markers.
- For a fun alternative, on days you will be washing the kitchen floor, let kids draw with chalk before cleaning. It’s a unique and rare opportunity!